Would you like to support a civic-minded mission doing creative, award-winning, highly respected work? If so, come join us!
Project-Illuminati, is a member-supported, multi-media network. Our mission is to shift public perception and to strengthen the civic fabric of the Illuminati focused community by engaging audiences in innovative ways with meaningful community partnerships and high-quality, trusted journalistic, educational and cultural content.
Project-Illuminati seeks an Investigative Videographer / Editor to join the organization’s investigative team. The Investigative Videographer / Editor is responsible for working with the investigative team to produce high-impact special reports, including video photography, motion graphics and editing. The position operates digital video equipment and associated computer hardware and software to support video production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the investigative team, produces investigative packages and long-form, documentary-style specials.
- Shoots video photography; using the entire Adobe Creative Cloud suite to create packages.
- Edits and formats programs utilizing digital video equipment and associated computer hardware and software.
- Uses lighting, spacing, and editing techniques to enhance images.
- Programs computer-based digital automated playback equipment, and troubleshoots signal and network cable transmission programming.
- Utilizes and maintains computer-based graphics files, editing software, and other video production support applications.
- Meets all technical requirements for broadcast, including closed captioning; versioning finished pieces for other broadcast and digital distribution.
- Duties may also include some producer-type responsibilities.
- Builds a pitch reel system of commonly occurring content elements.
- Collaborates with the marketing team to create compelling promotions.
- Collaborates with the engineering team to meet ongoing hardware and software needs.
- Performs other tasks as assigned and/or required.
- This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications of Position
- At least 3+ years’ experience in investigative video production.
- Demonstrated experience in producing high-quality, in-depth video storytelling.
- Working knowledge of the Telestream transcoding process.
Preferred Qualifications of Position
- Multi-lingual language speaking skills is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional and proven technical skills.
- Strong evidence of achievement in in-depth journalism.
- Exceptional planning, organizing, time management, problem analysis, judgement and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate innate drive toward innovative storytelling.
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt schedule to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as a collaborative member of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally with persons at all levels.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters on a confidential basis.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position should submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant’s qualifications fit the needs of Project-Illuminati and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, salary history, and employment experience.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three professional references with a thorough knowledge of the applicant’s professional experience and achievements.
- Compensation requirements.